Authors are invited to submit:
- A full paper of eight to ten pages for oral presentation
- A “work in progress” paper of 4 pages for oral presentation
- A Flickr image or YouTube video, indexed with the tag “slactions2012” for poster presentations ‘in-world’
- A live presentation in Second Life.
All submissions are subject to a double blind review process and should be professionally proofread before submission. All manuscripts should be formatted according to the ASIS&T proceedings template. (Disclaimer: SLACTIONS 2012 is not associated with ASIS&T.)
Submissions are now closed.
All accepted papers and posters will be published on-line and in ISBN-registered digital proceedings. Video posters and live presentations can submit an abstract for inclusion in the digital proceedings.
The authors of the best papers will be invited to provide revised and expanded versions for publications in special editions of journals or as single contributions to theme-specific journals.
- Computer & Graphics – International Journal of Systems & Applications in Computer Graphics (ISSN: 0097-8493 / Imprint: ELSEVIER / impact factor 2010: 0.720): authors of the Best Paper in computer graphics themes will be invited to submit an extended version to be considered for journal publication.
- VIRtual – Electronic Journal of Visualization, Interactive Systems and Pattern Recognition (ISSN 0873-1837): authors of selected papers on visualization and graphics will be invited to submit extended versions to a special Issue of the journal.
- Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research (ISSN 0718-1876): authors of selected papers on e-business/e-commerce/m-commerce/e-learning/e-government will be invited to submit extended versions for journal.
- Journal of Virtual Worlds Research (ISSN 1941-8477): selected papers will be fast-tracked for publication in early 2013 issues of JVWR.
- International Journal of Web Portals (ISSN: 1938-0194 / SCOPUS): Authors of the Best Paper in Web portals theme will be invited to submit an extended version to be considered for journal publication.
The official language for the on-line space and all submissions is English only. However, at the physical site of local chapters you can also use the native language of that location.